It’s common and treatable.
If you have Erectile Dysfunction,
You’re not alone
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
ED is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
That can be:
• Not getting an erection at all
• Getting an erection inconsistently
• Getting an erection that doesn’t stay hard enough for sex
Causes of ED:
For more than 80% of men with ED, it is caused by a physical problem or disorder. The cause can usually be identified, and proper treatment can help you return to a satisfying sex life.
• Injury (such as brain or spinal cord injury)
• Disease (such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
• Surgery (such as removal of the prostate gland)
• Substance use (such as tobacco, drugs, alcohol, and some medications)
There are different ways to treat ED. Your doctor can discuss these with you, and help you consider your individual needs, and the benefits and risks of each treatment option.
• Lifestyle changes like stopping smoking, losing weight and eating healthier
• Oral ED medications like Viagra®, Cialis® or Levitra®
• Vacuum erection devices
• Injecting medication directly into the penis
• Penile implant: flexible or inflatable
Coloplast Penile Implants
A penile implant is a discrete device that is placed into a man’s penis and is designed to help him get an
erection. Once implanted, it helps put the man back in control of his body, and can be used at any time,
unlike other treatment options where there may be a short waiting period for them to be effective. A penile
implant is an effective solution for men who are suffering from ED that has not been resolved by other
available treatment options.
A penile implant involves a routine surgical procedure. Most men can return home within a day of surgery,
and after full recovery, may resume sexual activity after 4-6 weeks. Your physician will discuss the details
of the procedure, your recovery process, and using the implant.
Penile implants have been a safe and effective standard of care for men suffering from ED for many
years, and can offer hope and a return to intimacy and a normal life for many men with ED. There are two
types of penile implants that Coloplast offers:
Titan® inflatable penile implant produces a controllable erection that acts and feels more like a
Genesis® flexible penile implant produces a permanently firm penis and may be appropriate for men with limited hand dexterity.
For more information visit our website at www.erectile-dysfunction-solutions.com.au