I feel a lump in my breast – what do I do? Dr Michael Boyer

by | Cancer Care, Symptoms, Women's Health

lump in breast

If you have a lump in your breast, you really need to actually see a doctor and typically not just go to a breast screening service. The breast screening services are really designed for people who are otherwise completely well and not being investigated for the possibility of something.

If you feel a lump, go to your doctor and almost certainly you will be referred to a breast surgeon.

Professor Michael Boyer is Medical Oncologist at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse