1300 660 880 – EPILEPSYWA.ASN.AU
- EPILEPSY INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- EPILEPSY SUPPORT GROUPS
- SEIZURE-ALERT DEVICE LOANS
- SEIZURE FIRST AID
- HOW TO MANAGE CARE PLANS & REDUCE RISK
- EPILEPSY TRAINING
ARE YOU EPILEPSY SMART?
1 IN 25 AUSTRALIANS IS DIAGNOSED WITH EPILEPSY
If you or someone you care about has been diagnosed, then we are here to help.
Since 1963, Epilepsy WA has been raising awareness, providing information and support networks for the people of WA.
Epilepsy is one of the most common neurological conditions, affecting 4% of the population over the course of a lifetime.
Epilepsy WA can help those living with epilepsy, their families and carers by providing:
- Monthly support groups
- Epilepsy management and emergency medication training
- Epilepsy smart schools program
- Information telephone line
- Online community support via our social media
- Free seizure-alert loan programs
- Seizure head protection display
- Seizure-alert technology display
- Children’s book loan library
- In-house nurse
- Providing pathways to other services
- Compassionate ear support service
- Patient and carer seminars and conferences
- Resources and factsheets
- Awareness-raising and community education
- Systemic advocacy
- Face-to-face support
- Epilepsy grief and loss support
Taking medications as prescribed, reducing stress, getting adequate sleep and identifying your own personal seizure triggers are all important steps in helping to effectively manage your epilepsy. Exploring strategies to reduce risk and ensuring you have an up to date Epilepsy Management Plan in place are also highly recommended actions to take.
Connecting with others who are travelling a similar path may be beneficial and it may also help to alleviate feelings of isolation.
Maintaining regular medical reviews with your treating team, especially during pregnancy and family planning stages is crucial.
JOIN ONE OF OUR MONTHLY
We stand with you and the 1 in 25 people who will be diagnosed with epilepsy.
We have a thriving network of professionally facilitated epilepsy support groups in Western Australia. We offer monthly groups in Nedlands, Armadale, Bunbury, Midland and Joondalup, and we have one online support group via live video conference.
Call 1300 660 880 to confirm your attendance
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL EPILEPSY WA FOR MORE INFORMATION
1300 660 880
THE NICHE – 11 ABERDARE ROAD, NEDLANDS WA 6009
IS YOUR SCHOOL OR CHILDCARE EPILEPSY SMART?