Feet: checklist for foot health
Here is a list of quick questions compiled by the Australasian Podiatry Council to help you check the health of your feet.
- Do you have pain in your feet?
- Are you on your feet all day?
- Do you have skin or nail problems (ingrown or discoloured toenails, corns, skin rashes, areas of hard skin) on your feet?
- Do you have any sores on your feet that are not healing?
- Do you have foot odour?
- Do you have a foot injury?
- Do you have health problems such as diabetes or arthritis?
- Do you trip or fall often?
- Do you have problems finding shoes that fit comfortably?
- Do you have lumps or bumps, bunions or misshapen toes?
- Do you regularly wear heels that are 5 cm (2 inches) or higher?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, the Australasian Podiatry Council recommends that you see a podiatrist for diagnosis and treatment.
Last Reviewed: 10 October 2003